Saturday, May 16, 2009

Keeping you up to date: Prototype

Hello everyone,

Again, the writing of this post took me longer than I expected. With this post I want to let you know where I am with CeasterTrade.

I actually have (almost) finished a very basic prototype of the game. This is important because I can test features and game play before spending to much time and energy in bad features.

The most important things you should know about this prototype are:

  1. It has a crappy layout and no (good) graphics. For its final release I'm planning many graphics and a very user friendly interface, but these are problems for later. Testing the game itself is more important.
  2. Basic features are implemented. Like for example: buying, selling, producing, building. But some systems are simplified. There is room for improvements/expansion after the testing!
  3. More complex features and cool stuff aren't implemented yet. I have to make sure the basic ideas work properly.
  4. Security and some back end stuff (like a decent admin panel) I need to work on later on the road.

So, with this prototype my goal is to gather information about what is fun about the game and what is not. Just so I can make further development more targeted. Off course, I'm also dying to see my game working ^^.

I'm currently doing some small things while waiting for my father to host the prototype. I'm also spending my time more on other things, like school and designing other games.

When the prototype is going online, I'll let you know. But note it's just a prototype, and by no means an alpha phase. I'll just be testing stuff, and showing it to some people.

That's it for today, but I hope I'll be able to post more often in the future!

Greetz,

Janne

No comments: